Saturday, December 6, 2008

Update on whats going on in our life

My friend Kristy did a post like this and I thought it was a nice way to get everyone in the loop on whats going on since I don't have any BIG topics to write about. Here's what we've been up to lately:
  • Spend Thanksgiving here in MN with Meghan's side of the family. Its always fun to experience Thanksgiving with different people and see what their traditions are. Last time I spent Thanksgiving with Meghan's family we ended up spending the night at Best Buy and buying a new plasma TV. No major expenditures this year.
  • We braved the craziness this year and did our Christmas shopping on the afternoon of Black Friday. I was amazed how many of the super special deals were still at Best Buy...certainly a sign of the tough times our fellow Americans are going through! I praise God for our good fortune and for providing me with a great job that meets our needs!
  • Meghan took Addison up to Cloquet to meet her grandparents up there for the first time. I wasn't able to come because of work so it was my first night away from my girls since Addison came into our life. It was a little sad after I got home and no one was here.
  • Our eBay business is ROCKING right now...its hard to even keep up with at times (with a newborn in the house). Christmastime on eBay is WONDERFUL!!
  • I am working on our second annual Christmas newpaper newsletter. If you were on the list last year I am sure you'll get another...if you didn't get one in the past I probably missed ya. Let me know!!
  • We are spending Christmas in Appleton this year with my side of the family...most of my relatives haven't met Addison yet so it should be a LOT of fun!! We can't wait.
  • Everyone should get Skype on their computers if you have family or friends far away...nothing like getting to see your loved ones on video!
Well that's all I have for now...keep your eyes open for the Rasmussen Times in the next week or so.

2 comments:

Eric Scott Sheldon said...

I had not heard that story about you guys spending the night at Best Buy last year over Thanksgiving. Shopping on Black Friday or anytime during the Christmas season tends to cause me anxiety...it is especially not good for me with Minnesota's Right to Carry Law!

We are looking forward to reading your Christmas newsletter...we should be sending ours out later this week as well.

Anonymous said...

I never got a newsletter!!! Do you have my address?