Monday, April 21, 2008

A Line Is A Line

Back towards the beginning of February, we had an oopsie, and we knew it. Trevor stayed home from work on the morning of February 21st. Twice that morning I peed on a stick with the same result: a very faint little line. We nervously discussed it. Trevor posted a message on Yahoo Answers about a faint line. We got the same type of response from everyone: "Congratulations, a line is a line!" Throughout that entire morning I kept on repeating myself saying, "Oh great, a line is a line."

A few things also ran through my mind:
*Sure the condom breaks ONCE ever and this is what happens!
*I'm not ready to be a mom yet.
*There is no way I am giving birth to a child in Illinois.
*Okay let's tell the whole world right now.
*At least I know we're both as fertile as can be.

I am now a bit over 12 weeks along, marking the end of the 1st trimester. It's now safe to tell the whole world.

In other news, my bullet entitled "There is no way I am giving birth to a child in Illinois" is coming to fruition. Trevor got the okay from his boss to move back to the Twin Cities, and so our house in IL will officially be up for sale this week. Although we will miss our newfound friends in IL, we cannot wait to move back. We are so excited to pick up where we left off in MN somewhere near the end of summer whether or not our IL house sells that quickly.

So November 1 is the official due date, but we all know how accurate those dates are.

9 comments:

Beth said...

It's the blog I've been waiting for! A line is a line!!! I love you guys, and I am so looking forward to planning baby showers and babysitting, etc...

Rachel said...

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! Want to buy our house? haha.

Jennifer Mulvihill said...

So glad you posted this! You will be wonderful parents!!

Let me know if you want me to make anything for the nursery! :)

Mark said...

Wow, Trevor is going to be a daddy! Man it seems like yesterday that I was schooling him in basketball at Appleton North and now he's having a kid! Congratulations to both of you on a whole new phase of your newly joined lives :)

. said...

Congratulations you guys! Those little surprise are always the best. That is what Chris was.....he is the 1% when they tell you that the pill is 99% effective. You guys will be great parents and love every minute if it. We will pray that the house sells quickly.

Michelle said...

Congratulations and enjoy this special time, even if it is unexpected! :)

Michelle said...

It's really fun to take pictures each month and see how big the belly gets. Sometimes my husband will just look at me and be like "Wow. You are just big now." But I know he means it in a loving way, so I don't take offense. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Seriously happy for you two! Meghan, I would've thought many of the same thoughts. . it made me laugh. :) Anyway, congrats on baby & moving! :)