Friday, May 9, 2008

Twins

Let's make this clear, no we're not having twins. This post is, however, about the Minnesota Twins. I miss them. I miss watching them on TV, going to games, etc. The highlight of the last three days of my life has been that I have been able to watch them on TV because they had a series here in Chicago against the White Sox. I could barely tolerate their less-than-bright commentators (I miss you Blyleven and Bremer), though just being in pure awe of actually being able to enjoy watching the Twins made it all worth it. We have this great thing called satellite TV (which actually I am not ecstatic about satellite TV itself) that has MLB Extra Innings where you can watch ANY game you want. It is costly, however, and we are too poor (baby, moving) to afford it. Though I perhaps would give up just about anything to be able to add that package onto our already $84/month DirecTV bill. I'm taking contributions. Meanwhile this Friday and Saturday you can find me depressed as ever just thinking about the Twins playing. Sunday and Monday should be better days when the nationally broadcast game versus the Red Sox on ESPN is on. Then there is a long drought for me. I hope to survive.




6 comments:

Unknown said...

We'll figure something out baby!

Beth said...

Oh the poor baby girl!! :)

Meghan Rasmussen said...

Wow I just get mocked!

Phil said...

Congratulations on having twins. I didn't really read the rest of the post because I'm impatient and lazy. So what will you name the twin girls. Your having twin girls right? Or is it a boy and a girl. S*%t, maybe I should go back and read the post . . .

Anonymous said...

Just a thought you guys - if you already have Direct TV, you can add the expanded sports package for something like $12 a month, and get channel 641, which is FoxSports North, which has most of the Twins games broadcast on it.

Unknown said...

Because this is something I know, you can't add the DirecTv sports package and get the Twins games. You can get FSN North.

But mlb.tv will make this all okay. :-D