Thursday, July 19, 2012

We've come full circle as Landlords

We spend a lot of time joking about how we own 3 homes...and wish we owned one. Being a landlord is a means to an end for us. We've been very fortunate in recent years to have great renters.

Most of our friends know about how our experience as a Landlord started. Our first renters were Meghan's best friend Beth and her husband. Less than a half year into their time renting our Rochester house, we had a catastrophe. Sewer water flooded the house and destroyed our entire lower level and tons of Beth and Karls property. In the coming months, God came through in amazing ways for both us and them though and in the end it felt like we were being blessed through the tragedy. Our faith was increased greatly through that event.

A year or so later, we decided to relocate back to Minnesota. We struggled to sell the house and thought (incorrectly) the market was bottoming out so we decided to rent out our house. It was our first time renting to strangers and we had NO clue what we were doing. We were so excited to get renters and move on that we overlooked things and made a poor decision. In the end our poor decision cost us over $5000 in lost rent and damages. After trying to amicably collect this from the ex-tenants (who moved out willingly) we gave up and sent it to collections about 4-5 years ago. We wrote it off mentally as a loss, money we'd never see again but hoped that eventually these people would want to restore their credit and their name and would pay us back the money owed. Today, amazingly, I received a check from our collection agency from this renter. I literally couldn't believe my eyes. I hope they continue to make these payments (looks like they are making 10 payments) but the fact that they even made one payment is amazing to me.

We only get half of the debt (the agency earns the other half...which I am happy to pay them for actually collecting on it) but almost $3000 is way better than NOTHING. Feeling so blessed and hopeful this continues so it can end with a happy resolve!!

4 comments:

Doug Corcoran said...

awesome

Amara said...

I am healthy today because I refuse to accept it’s incurable!
I cured my oral herpes two years ago with herbal medicine from Now Njoku herbal home.
Roots and Herbal medicines @ "nzenjokuherbalhome@gmail.com" is guaranteed and will permanently cure herpes to the nerve cells without causing any damage to the affected cells. People have testified too.
It works!

Jack Lucas said...

First, I want to complement this site administrator for creating this platform I frequently get cold sores(which lasts for 5-6 days on my lips and its painful both physically and mentally) .. As a bodybuilder, I basically get outbreak due to the daily pressure and heat in the body.. Recently I stumbled upon my salvation. I found a herbal remedy to cure hsv completely, in just 4weeks ..

I got to know about Dr Utu after seeing a lady's testimony online. I reached the doctor and I ordered for herpes herbal medicine. He sent the herbs to me and I started making use of them. In just 2days, the cold sores are cleared. 4weeks after medication, I went to the hospital for test of cold sores and it was completely NEGATIVE.

By following every prescription, i was able to cure my cold sore in less than 4weeks. 100% natural herbs no after effect.
Note: Please do let others know if this work for you.
The doctor's email is drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
Note : follow all instructions accordingly..

If you are sure that you have benefited from this African herbs be courageous to inform others.
Thanks in advance

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com