Saturday, March 28, 2009

Going to Paris and London for $300?

It has been planned that I would join Trevor on his every-other-yearly trip to Paris for the Paris Air Show for two years now. What made this trip even better was that we were going to visit Patrick and Susan in London after Trevor's business part of the trip was done. My brother and sister-in-law moved to London for two years in September 2008. They have not met Addison yet.

A few weeks ago when Trevor was in LA on business, he met with his boss, who told him that the company was cutting costs. No layoffs (thank you God); however, Trevor's name was taken off the list to go to Paris.

I had already purchased my ticket via WorkPerks miles. There was no way in my mind that we weren't going to make this trip that we had been planning for two whole years! Trevor's boss knew we had purchased tickets and knew we were going to vacation after Paris, so he was very apologetic. Trevor's boss (Mike) came up with a compromise. If Trevor could get to and from Europe, then the rest of the trip would be paid for (meals, hotel, transportation) in Paris. What a relief! The cost for round trip coach class ticket on the flight I was already booked on was only $4000! Well, Mike offered Trevor his own WorldPerks miles so that we could make this possible. Talk about having the world's best boss.

So we paid a grand total of about $300 for round trip tickets from MSP to Paris and London to MSP. (We are taking the Chunnel train from Paris to London.) I am so excited for this opportunity to go to Europe again and explore some cities and countries I have not visited yet. Or wait, have I visited London? Here is a picture I found of us at the Somerset House doing some ice skating!
P.S. For a cute pic of my bro and SIL in London, click here: http://pscorcoran.blogspot.com/2008/11/blades-of-glory.html

4 comments:

Jeannie and Doug Corcoran said...

Trevor told me I should take a look at their newest blog entry. I laughed for about 10 minutes. This was great.

Patrick said...

That's some good photoshop, for a minute I thought it was actually you guys ;) Good joke... you guys can get your picture there soon!

Anonymous said...

Trevor, have you been working out?? :)

Mom R. said...

Yikes, you got me...I had to actually read Patrick's comment before I realized what you did. Nice one!